Maria Clara’s art exhibition invitation
Maria Clara’s Biblical art exhibition is being organized by the Andhra Christian Theological College, Lower Tank Bund on its premises from August 13-15, 2011 (Saturday to Monday) from 11 am to 6 pm every day. The paintings exhibition will be inaugurated by Rev Dr Ch Vasantha Rao, Principal, ACTC on August 13 at 11 am. Framed photo copies of the paintings have been donated for children’s charity by the artist. To reach ACTC, take the second left turn after Courtyard Marriott.
In all, 43 paintings will be exhibited during the Biblical art exhibition titled `The art of God’. The themes of all the paintings are based on incidents and miracles recorded in the Bible. The paintings include 28 oil paintings and 15 works done with charcoal.
About Maria Clara –
Maria Clara works as a business analyst with Genpact, Uppal, Hyderabad. A post-graduate in commerce from Osmania University, she has also had her schooling and college education in Hyderabad itself. She studied in Rosary convent high school, Gunfoundary, intermediate from St Francis junior college, Secunderabad and degree from St Francis degree college, Begumpet.
Maria Clara has some basic training in art.. The works of God as recorded in the Bible have inspired her to do the paintings.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel no – 98480-25608
Brief description of some of the paintings on display at the exhibtion –
1) The tower of Babel, from where the languages of the world originated,.
2) Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden which God created
3) Only Noah and his family survived The great flood’ which destroyed the world. God have the rainbow as a promise that he would never ever destroy the world with water.
4) Prophet Elijah calls fire from heaven which consumes the water-soaked sacrifice.
5) Jonah spent three days in the stomach of the whale.
6) The huge Jericho wall collapses with the Israelites only blowing their trumpets and shouting.
7) Water gushes out of the rock when Moses strikes it and God quenches the thirst of the Israelites