Warangal, July 22 (INN): In a shocking incident, a Sarpanch candidate and her mother were electrocuted to death at their residence in Vamtalapudi village here on Monday.
The deceased, 22-year-old Kanchenapalli Roja, was one of the contestant for the Sarpanch post in the Vamtalapudi Gram Panchayat. She got electrocuted while trying to fix a bulb at her home. Her mother, Ganta Yellamma (45), too lost her life while trying to rescue her.
Following Roja’s death, the election for the Sarpanch post has been put off. However, the election to the post of ward members would be held as scheduled.