Should we drink boiled milk, or not?
A very pertinent question is: why do you boil milk? The answer is:Some do it out of habit, some know that boiling kills germs and some to make it last longer.
Boiling milk does kill most of the dangerous bacteria and other organisms, but it also kills the nutrients.
Milk is a veritable store house of nutrients. It is a rich source of protein, vitamins and minerals. Minerals like Calcium and vitamins like Vitamin A, D, B1, B2, B12 and K are found in good quantities in milk. vitamins.
There is a way to retain the nutrients through some basic don’ts of boiling milk:
1. Don’t boil milk at very high temperature for a long time
2. Don’t leave your milk out in the open after boiling. Refrigerate it immediately.
3. Don’t heat your milk repeatedly.
4. Don’t forget to stir your milk while boiling.
5. Don’t use microwave-ovens to heat and re-heat milk.