Ragi porridge is known as Ambali or Kanji in South India and is also termed as a poor man’s food. But Ragi (Millet) has very good properties that keeps you healthy and fit. With its cost-effectiveness, ragi is definitely a health food.
Some benefits of Ragi:
1. Ragi is rich in calcium. Instead of popping a pill, you can as well substitute that with ragi kanji. Boil a glass of water, put a spoon of ragi flour into boiling water, add a little salt and let it cool. Drink it with a pinch of salt and butter milk. This will not just cool your body, but also gives you strength and cools your body.
2. Ragi is best for weight loss. Make ragi balls and substitute this for rice. You will soon notice the difference.
3. Ragi cherry is one of the best semi-solid foods that you give your kid before you get him used to solid food. It’s the best baby food in India to give make kids strong.
4. Ragi is also a rich source of fiber and helps lower cholesterol level.
5. Ragi is best food for weight control, diabetes and a cooling the body.