Hollywood films are becoming more popular in India and they are being dubbed in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu also. Hereunder is a list of 10 Hollywood films that became box office hits in India in the year 2009.
1. Columbia Pictures “2012” directed by Roland Emmerich and starring John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Danny Glover, Thandie Newton and Jimi Mistry,collected around Rs.90 crore so far and is still in theatres..
2. Danny Boyle’s “Slumdog Millionaire” starring Dev Patel and Freida Pinto in the lead with music by A.R. Rahman collected Rs.38 crore.
3. David Yates’ “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” starring Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, collected Rs.25 crore
4. McG’s “Terminator Salvation” starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington collected Rs.19 crore.
5. Michael Bay’s “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” starring Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox collected Rs.18 crore.
6. Gavin Hood’s “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” starring Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber collected Rs.14 crore.
7. Justin Lin’s “Fast and Furious” starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster collected Rs.14 crore.
8. Ron Howard’s “Angels & Demons” an adaptation of Dan Brown’s novel by the same name starring Tom Hanks collected Rs.12 crore.
9. Warner Bros “The Hangover” directed by Todd Phillips and starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Heather Graham, Justin Bartha and Jeffrey Tambor collected Rs.10 crore.
10. The 3-D computer animated film “Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs” directed by Carlos Saldanha and Michael Thurmeier collected Rs.9 crore.