Oh My Friend Music Review
Love, Music and friendship always look like long last cousins and music generally becomes a major asset for a film made based on the above themes. Music in the case of Love and friendship helps in setting the mood of the film. The idea here is to see how and where music worked/not worked for Siddharth–Shruti starrer ‘Oh My Friend’ whose music is composed by young Rahul raj who has made his name in Malayalam Cinema and just entered Telugu Cinema with this movie.
1. Oh…Oh…Oh My Friend: The first song in the album is Oh…Oh…Oh My Friend. The song is written by Krishna Chaitanya and sung by Karthik. It is a peppy number with lot of guitar used in the song. Lyrics written by Krishna Chaitanya suited the song well and the song is an instant winner. Rahul Raj succeeded in giving right start to the album and also set the right mood to the album. If you are a guitar lover, please follow the guitar notes carefully and you will appreciate the work of the Guitarist. Kartik sung it well.
2. Nuvvu Nenu Jattu: Sung by Benny Dayal and Written by Sirivennela Seetha Rama Shastry Garu, This is a melodious bit song which talks about greatness of friendship and bonding.
3. Sri Chaitanya : This song is composed by late music director Anil R and written by Krishna Chaitanya. The song is sung by Siddharth and Shruti Hassan and is an instant winner. This song particularly will take us all to our college days and remind us of all naughty things we did in our college days. Intentionally or unintentionally, the song works out to be a true tribute to the late talented music director. Siddharth and Shruti did a good job in singing this song though I found Shruti’s pronunciations little funny sometimes. But her voice is little different and has its beauty in it. This song could be liked by youth who keep missing their college and search for their friends on social networks.
4. Aalochana Vasthene : The song is written by Sirivennela Seetha Rama Shastry garu and sung by Ranjith, Sangeetha Prabhu and Sarah Straubb. This is a melody with a mix of Indian and western influences. Sirivennela as usual has given good lyrics and the music is very pleasant. Sangeetha Prabhu’s part sometimes made me feel like listening to a Tamil song.
5. Vegam Vegam : This is a fast beat song written by Krishna Chaitanya and sung by Benny Dayal, Kavitha Mohan, Jayaram Ranjith and Desmond F. The song is designed well as a western composition and the music director could blend the instruments well to create right noises. He should be appreciated for ensuring that the words are heard and not lost in the noises. This song is sure to catch up with youth and success of this song for sure depends on the picturization.
6. Nenu Thanani : Written by Seetha Rama Shastry garu and sung by Ranjith, this song is a poem. Written extremely well and sung well, this tragic song paints the beauty of friendship and bonding so well. Rahul did well to elevate the beauty of the song.
7. Maa Daddy Pockets: This song is written by Krishna Chaitanya and sung by Siddharth. Siddharth has come back to his best in singing. This is a rock style number and needs the singer to express lots of energy in his singing. Siddharth is able to bring in the energy from the word go and special appreciation should go to Rahul Raj for his composition. This is a Very youthfully designed and well executed number. Guitar plays a very vital role in this song and am sure youthwill love this song.
On the whole the album is absolutely refreshing and is glad to see a fresh music director like Rahul Raj making his debut with this album. The way he used Sumesh and Mithun for their guitar work is amazing. On the whole Oh Oh Oh Friend, Sri Chaitanya, Nenu Thanani and Maa Daddy Pockets works for me and we have to now wait to see the songs on the screen to judge if Debutante Director Venu Sreeram succeeded in capturing the beauty of songs on the silver screen.
by Brahma Mahesh
Click Here to More Oh My Friend Movie