Featured News

Music Director Anil’s Death — a Murder?

Music Director Anil's Death -- a Murder?

The three-month-old death case of music director Tumma Anil Reddy took a curious turn with the post-mortem report indicating injuries on the deceased’s body. Though the music director’s death took place three months ago and the body also cremated, his family is now expressing doubts over circumstances that led to his death. They also registered a case with Cyberabad police. The 35-year-old music director has worked for movies like Gamyam, Sambhavami Yuge Yuge and Ninna Nedu Repu. According to Anil’s family members, he fell in love with a model Shalini belonging to Narsingi village in September last year. As the two families gave nod to their relationship, the couple got engaged in April this year and their marriage was planned in May. But their happiness sustained no more. On April 21, Anil left from his residence in Kalyanagar for Shalini’s house at Puppalguda around 8 p.m. From there, the couple along with Shalini’s mother left around the city searching for guesthouses to accommodate people attending the marriage. Around midnight 12 o clock, Anil’s brother, Prakash received a phone call from Shalini that Anil had collapsed in the car and was being shifted to a corporate hospital at Jubilee Hills. Prakash said “Shalini told us Anil was sitting right behind her and collapsed on her suddenly’’. The doctors declared him dead on arrival at the hospital and initially everyone suspected Anil had died due to cardiac arrest.As the family did not suspect any foul play, Anil’s body was cremated at the Bhoiguda crematorium. After a few silent days, suspicion broke up due to Shalini’s new statements. Later, she conflictingly told the family she was standing outside the car when Anil collapsed. Anil’s family later enquired with another resident of the apartment, Kiran who told them that Shalini was standing outside the car and did not raise any alarm about Anil’s health. “The apartment’s watchman, who was waiting outside was also not informed about Anil’s sudden collapse,’’ Prakash said. Anil’s family lodged a complaint with Narsingi police last month suspecting foul play. After registering a case under Section 174 (suspicious death), Anil’s body was exhumed and post-mortem conducted on June 26. The post-mortem report, which was given on Wednesday, indicated that Anil suffered a head injury. This raised many doubts. Initially Shalini had claimed they had dinner at a hotel on the day but surprisingly, in the autopsy, forensic experts did not find any traces of food. Rajendranagar assistant commissioner of police A Muthyam Reddy said they had prepared a questionnaire seeking specific queries from forensic experts. “We want to ascertain whether Anil died of the head injury or the injury happened earlier,’’ the ACP said. Police said they would also question eye-witnesses and Shalini’s family.

Comments are closed.