At least 100 people, including three photo journalists, were on Wednesday hospitalised after they complained of breathing problems following leakage of chlorine gas from a water filter plant of Tata Motors in Jamshedpur. Around 100 to 125 people were admitted to a hospital following chlorine gas leak from a gas cylinder in the water filter plant. There was a chlorine leak from the filter plant in the afternoon.
Tata Motors said the chlorine leak has been plugged and about 60-70 residents who reported breathing difficulty were admitted to the Tata Motors hospital in Jamshedpur.
Former chief minister and leader of the opposition Arjun Munda and JMM MP Suman Mahto visited the hospital where scores of patients were admitted with breathing problems and some are in the ICU.