All experts will tell you that if you take care of the heart, then it will take care of your health. Here are some time-tested tips to keep your heart healthy and lead a healthy life.
1. Consuming mixed nuts, about 25 gms of walnuts and peanuts as they help in bringing down cholesterol levels and are rich in proteins.
2. Consuming food rich in protein, like fish as Fatty acids found in fish prevents clot formation.
3. Taking a tablet of 10 mg of statin everyday at night (if over the age of 40 and particularly diabetic).It helps to decrease cholesterol and reduce risk of heart attack.
4. General health check-ups after the age of 25 years in case of family history of heart disease.
5. Avoiding extreme weather. In the cold weather blood pressure increases harming blood vessels thereby inducing heart attacks.
6. Meditation: It has a direct impact on one’s blood pressure; there is a significant reduction in the blood pressure levels and is key to a healthy heart.
7. Starting the day with a spoon full of honey- It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and prevents heart attack
8. Walking on dew bare feet: Walking restores a sense of balance and brings an inner calm hence it good for the heart.
9. Maintain good oral hygiene: Studies suggest gingivitis may increase the risk of heart disease and stroke because of the high levels of bacteria found in infected areas of the mouth.
10. Brisk walking for at least 30 minutes early in the morning since it reduces the affects of pollution on the heart, which are more likely during the evening hours.
Listening to soft music or spiritual humns lowers the blood pressure keeping the heart healthy.